by Kerrie Pierce
Difficulty Level: Medium +
Deck the Halls is a wonderful holiday riff on a classic Cosmo with rum. This delicious creation is sure to put you in the holiday spirits!
1 oz. Vitae Spirits Platinum Rum
1/2 oz. Vitae Spirits Orange Liqueur
1/2 oz. Orange Juice
1/2 oz. Home made Grenadine
3/4 oz. Cranberry Shrub
2 cups Pomegranate juice
1 1/4 cup of sugar
2oz pomegranate molasses
2 tsp orange flower water
Combine all ingredients except orange flower water in a pan, heat until the sugar dissolves, then turn off heat and stir in the orange flower water. Let cool, then strain.
1 large orange
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups cranberries
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1. Produce orange sugar: Using a peeler remove orange zest in long strips and place in a bowl with sugar. Muddle orange zest with sugar, cover, and then let sit for a minimum of an hour. Remove zest from bowl and discard, while reserving the oily sugar.
2. Juice the orange and set it aside.
3. Add cranberries and vinegar to blender and blend until pureed.
4. Combine cranberry-vinegar mixture, orange juice, and orange sugar in a non-reactive container then allow to steep at room temperature for at least two days.
5. Strain off solids through a fine strainer or cheese cloth and retain the cranberry shrub liquid.
1. Combine all ingredients into shaker
2. Add ice, shake
3. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with 1 or 2 frozen cranberries