by Ian Glomski
Difficulty Level: Hard
This is the perfect spring cocktail, light, refreshing, crisp, and floral. The shrub is a perfect blend of pineapple and spice and is well worth the time it takes to make it.
1 oz Vitae Spirits Platinum Rum
1/2 oz Orange Liqueur
1 oz Pineapple/Lavender shrub*
1/2 oz Lemon
dried lavender buds
Ingredients (yields about 3 to 4 cups)
1 lbs fresh pineapple cut into small pieces
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup light brown sugar
4 cloves crushed
1 cinnamon stick crushed
20 allspice berries crushed
½ tsp grated nutmeg
1 tbs lavender flowers
¾ cup cider vinegar
1 cup water
- Mix pineapple and both sugars together. Let sit overnight in refrigerator
- Mix in spices. Let sit overnight
- Mix in cider vinegar. Refrigerate 3 days.
- Strain and squeeze mixture through cheesecloth to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Add water and then store in refrigerator.
1. Combine ingredients in shaker.
2. Shake well and double strain into a coupe glass.
3. Garnish with a few dried lavender buds.