A riff on a classic by Ivy Geilker
Difficulty Level: Medium
Ivy has elevated the classic mojito and added fresh-squeezed grapefruit and a kick of Anisette. This incredibly refreshing version of the classic mojito will quench anyone’s pallet on a hot summer day.
3/4 oz. Vitae Spirits Platinum Rum*
3/4 oz. Vitae Spirits Anisette
Grapefruit Mint Cordial*
garnish with fresh mint sprig
Grapefruit mint cordial*
Zest of 6 large grapefruits
2 cups fresh-squeezed grapefruit
1 bunch of mint
2 qt sugar
2 qt water
- Add zest of 6 grapefruit and mint to a container with sugar. Let sit until sugar becomes fragrant.
- Add contents into a pot and stir in water till boiling or until sugar has mixed into solution.
- Take off heat and let cool to room temp.
- Add grapefruit juice to mixture and store in ball jar for up to 1 month in fridge.
- Combine all ingredients into shaker with ice
- Shake well
- Strain into collins glass
- Garish with mint sprig